Electronics & Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was started in 1975 and has grown over the years in terms of stature and infrastructure. The department has two post graduate programs, Digital Electronics & Communication – was introduced in 2002, and VLSI & Embedded Systems was introduced in 2013.The Department has received funding for research from Group on Science and Technology (VGST), Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of Karnataka. The department consists of highly qualified and experienced faculty members who have won several accolades and recognition in academics. The department has well-equipped simulation and electronics laboratories, and is recognized as a VTU approved research centre.
Vision of the Department
Mission of the Department
To prepare graduates who excel in the engineering profession, qualified to pursue advanced degrees, and possess the technical knowledge, critical thinking skills, creativity, and ethical values.
To train the graduates for attaining leadership in developing and applying technology for the betterment of society and sustaining the world environment.
PEOs & POs
Program Educational Objectives of the Department of Electronics and Communication are:
PEO 1: To provide all basic fundamental prerequisites in mathematical, scientific and engineering fields required to solve technical problems.
PEO 2: To train in analyzing, designing and creating new scientific tools and other software so as to gain good engineering breadth.
PEO 3: To involve in professional and ethical environment, to build effective communication skills, multidisciplinary and teamwork skills and to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
PEO 4: To provide an academic environment, awareness to excel and to lead a successful professional career in lifelong learning.
PEO 5: To communicate/work with research and development, to design/develop and to formulate/integrate various products.
POs are statements that describe what students are expected to know, attitudes they are expected to hold, and what they are able to do by the time of graduation. Achievement of program outcome should indicate the student is equipped to achieve the PEOs.
The POs of the Department of Electronics & Communication
At the time of graduation an E& C graduate should be able to:
- Recollect the essential descriptions from basic sciences, and apply them in E & C streams.
- Demonstrate ability to identify, interpret and solve engineering problems.
- Design circuits and conduct experiments with electronic systems, communication equipment, analyze and interpret the result
- Design systems/subsystems and devices
- Demonstrate the capability to visualize, organize and work in laboratory and interdisciplinary tasks.
- Demonstrate skills using software tools and other modern equipment.
- Inculcate the ethical, social and professional responsibilities such as project management and finance.
- Communicate effectively in oral /written form of scientific analysis or data.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues and criticisms.
- Develop self-confidence and become excellent multi-skilled engineer, manager, leader and entrepreneur and display ability for life-long learning.
- Participate and succeed in competitive examinations/placement and show potential research capability.
- An understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects.
Dr. S. Sethu Selvi completed her B.E from Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai in 1992 and M. E from Anna University in 1994. She received her Ph.D from IISc in 2001 under Prof. Anamitra Makur in the area of Image Compression. She joined the Faculty of Department of Electronics and Communication at M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore, in 2002 as Assistant Professor and at present she is the Professor and HOD. She has numerouspublications to her name in the field of pattern recognitionand digital image processing. She has 2 Ph. D theses in her credit and at present she is guiding 3Ph.D students in the field of image and video processing.Her fields of interests areDigital Image Processing, Digital Signal Compression,Watermarking, Video Processing, Character Recognition and Biometrics. She has authored a book chapter which is part of the book titled “Data Fusion Mathematics” to be published by Springer.
Email id: email@example.com
Ph. No: 080-23600822 (130)