Electronics & Communication Engineering Activities
8th Sem EC students Project Exhibition 7th and 8th May 2013
Project Exhibition was held on May 7th and 8th, for final year students. About 200 students exhibited both hardware and software projects. The projects were based on Microcontroller and Embeded systems, Signal Processing, Image Processing, VLSI, Wireless Communication, etc. Sri. Arvind Shrivastava, IAS, Secretary to Govt. (Expenditure), Finance Department, Government of Karnataka, inaugurated the exhibition and Dr. Srish Kumar, Ph.D World Bank Economist, USA was the chief guest.
Advances in Signal Processing and Pattern Recognition held from 29th July to 3rd August 2013
The primary objective of the workshop is to introduce the audience to various areas of signal processing and pattern recognition. The purpose of this course is to provide in-depth treatment on methods and techniques in discrete-time signal transforms, digital filter design, adaptive filtering, power spectrum estimation, multi-rate digital signal processing and pattern classification using MATLAB, which are of importance in the areas of signal processing, control, communications and biometrics. Applications of these methods and techniques are also considered. The intend audience are research students, industry professionals and faculty working in the above mentioned areas and related technical fields.
Faculty Training Program, “NuvoTon NuMicro ARM Cortex- M0 and its Applications” under TEQIP-II, organized by Dept. of Electronics & communication Telecommunication, and Instrumentation Technology on 10th – 11th Sept, 2013 at MSRIT, Bangalore-54
With the growing importance of the embedded systems, the need to design embedded applications with micro controllers having advanced features is gaining prominence. ARM, an Advanced RISC Machine is emerging as one of the prominent standard for embedded RISC processing across communication, networking, consumer, portable, automotive and multimedia application markets. ARM offers an array of cores, architectural extensions, microprocessors and system-on-chip (SoC) solutions, all using common software architecture. There is a growing need for embedded engineers to understand and work with the ARM Processor Family Architecture and software development tools. This 2-day workshop will enable participants to understand ARM Cortex-M0 architectures, its programming and its various peripherals.
Internship Program in Technology Supported Education (IPTSE), Winter School-2013 in association with Carnegie Mellon University on 9th to 23rd December 2013 at LHC Seminar Hall-I, MSRIT, Bangalore-54.
TI Design Contest 2013-14 in Dept. of ECE CONDUCTED DURING Oct 1 to Nov 1 2013
With a view to encourage analog system design at undergraduate level, Texas Instruments announces the Analog Design Contest for Indian Universities every year. Up to 50 universities will be selected from India for participation in the contest, which will take place in two phases. This is an opportunity for students to work on a design project using TI’s broad range of high-performance analog Integrated Circuits (IC’s)
to win a cash prize. Benefits of Entering:
- Hands-on experience with TI technology
- Industry recognition of your analog design skills
- Enhanced career prospects
- Real cash prizes
Moksha is an interdepartmental team whose goal is to build an Unmanned Ground Vehicle. Since 2010 team Moksha has been representing the college to present its innovation at the international platform of Robotics. The competition will be held annually at Oakland University, Michigan in the month of June. Moksha is the one of few teams from India to participate in the event and were placed at 19th and 10th positions in 2009 and 2010, respectively, in the design challenge of IGVC.
Moksha is the one of few teams from India to participate in the event and were placed at 19th and 10th positions in 2009 and 2010, respectively, in the design challenge of IGVC.
In the Year 2012 they were placed 6th internationally in design category. For the 2014 competition the design is in progress.
“Food grain characterization using RF technique, security Technology” sanctioned for an amount of Rs. 60 lakhs by Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST), Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of Karnataka, for duration of 3 years (2011-2014) Sanctioned on 9th Feb 2012. VGST is an apex advisory body to recommend Science and Technology Programs relevant to mandate of DST. This funded R&D projects involves R&D activities to come out with comprehensive state-of-the-art solution to reduce the damage of food grains stored in the storage facilities by providing centralized information as to which stock is getting damaged, thereby effectively increasing the availability. This project involves research in various advances in the field of electronics and intensive innovative system design to come out with comprehensive intelligent sensor which can monitor the quality of the food grain and the data analysis using various state of the art techniques.
Final Year M.Tech students Farewell organized by the Department on 29th June 2013
Final Year B.E students Farewell organized by the Department on 25th April 2013.
- Prof. M. A. Laxmi Tatachar – Sanskrit Scholar, Melukote, “Speech Recognition and Analysis using Pannian Parameters”, 26th April 2013.
- Dr. R Kumaraswamy, SIT, Tumkur, “Basics of Signal Processing”, 29th July 2013.Prof. Srinivasa Halavi, DSCE, Bangalore, on “Random Signals”, 29th July 2013.
- Dr. C R Pradeep, CIT, Tumkur, “Principal Component Analysis”, 29th July 2013.
- Dr. Ashok Rao, “Introduction to Linear Algebra”, 30th July 2013.
- Dr. K Koshy George, PESIT, Bangalore, “Least Mean Squares Estimation”, 30th July 2013.
- Dr. J. R. Raol, NAL, “Data Fusion”, 30th July 2013
- Dr. VPS Naidu, NAL, Bangalore, “Image Fusion”, 31st July 2013.
- Dr. S V Gangashetty, IIITH, Hyderabad, “Speech Processing”, 31st July 2013.
- Dr. A G Ananth, RVCE, Bangalore, “Image Processing of Remote Sensing Images”,31st July 2013.
- Dr. P. S. Shastry, IISc, Bangalore, “Introduction to Pattern Recognition”, 1st August 2013.
- Dr. H S Jayanna, SIT, Tumkur, “Multi Linguistic speaker identification”, 1st August 2013.
- Dr. R N V Sitaram, HP Labs, India, “Hidden Markov Models”, 2nd August 2013.
- Dr. Ravindra Dhuli, VIT, Vellore, “Multirate signal processing and filter banks”, 3rd August 2013.
- “Semiconductor Domain Overview” by Skanda Prasad P, Sunil Putti and Shravan K, Alumni of Dept. of ECE on 26th October 2013 at LHC Seminar Hall-I, MSRIT, Bangalore-54.
- “Introduction to Verilog HDL” by Roopa Ramaswamy, Mentor, Pragathi Centre for Enhance Learning, Bangalore on 9th October 2013 at Seminar Hall-2, LHC Block, MSRIT, Bangalore-54.
- “Latest VLSI trends and VLSI projects” by Dr. Cyril Prasanna Raj, Dean, research, M.S. Engg. College, Bangalore on 23rd November 2013 at Seminar Hall-2, LHC Block, MSRIT, Bangalore-54.
- “Predictive Analysis & X-event Marketing” by Dr. P.G. Madhavan, Cao, Syzen on 4th February 2014 at ESB seminar Hall-II, MSRIT, Bangalore-54.
- “Digital design using Verilog” by Roopa Ramaswamy, Mentor, Pragathi Centre for Enhance Learning, Bangalore on 5th, 6th & 7th February 2014 at PG-510, LHC Block, MSRIT, Bangalore-54
- “Digital Down Conversion (DDC) & its Implementation on Xilinx FPGA” by MSRITAA Sangamesh N R, senior Design Engineer FPGA Application Development, Mistral Solutions Pvt. Ltd. & Srujan S J, Design Engineering, GE Healthcare on 15 Feb 2013 at LHC Seminar Hall-I, MSRIT, Bangalore-54.