Electronics & Communication Engineering Activities
International Conference on Circuits, Control, Communication and Computing (I4C-2014) was organized by the departments of Electronics & Communications, ML,TC,EE,CSE & ISE, MSRIT, from 20th -22nd Nov 2014.
Faculty Development Programmes
One Day workshop on “Digital Communication using SDR Platform” 20th November, 2014.
Workshop on Statistical Signal Processing was organized by Dept. of E&C from 2nd to 4thMarch, 2015.
Faculty development workshop on, “Analog and RF CMOS Circuit Design”, was organized by Dept. of E&C from 29th June to 4th July, 2015.
Faculty development workshop on,“A Practical Approach towards Embedded System Design was organized by Dept. of E&C from 27th July to 1st August, 2015.
One day Pre-conference workshop for International Conference on Smart Structures and Systems on “Micro and Nano Technology” for Engineering Education and consumer electronics was organized by Depts. of E&C, EE and TC on 08th July, 2014.
Faculty development workshop on, “Advances in VLSI System Design”, was organized by Dept. of E&C from 13th to 20th August, 2014.
Student Design Contests
Texas instruments in collaboration with Dept of E &C , MSRIT conducted “TI Innovation Challenge India Analog Design contest”, college level during the month of November 2014. There were 42 groups of participants (4-5 students in each group ). Shriharikrishna Madhukar, Deepak R, and Abhishek Vasanth Nayak were the Prize winners , and the certificate of Excellence was distributed to all the participants.
A Regional level Competition on “Skill of Electronics”- was conducted by Department of Electronics and Communication, in Association with World Skills India & National Skill Development Corporation on 21st & 22nd August 2014. About 30 participants from various colleges of the state participated in the competition.
Hardware design contest was conducted on the first day, and on the 2nd day the competition was on Embedded system programming. Alekhya Pokuru, NTTF, Bangalore was the winner, Bharath B.V and Aman Vora, E&C, MSRIT were the runners up.
Every year project exhibition is conducted for final year students and it highlights their academic projects works .It aims to showcase and promote peer interaction to appreciate innovative ideas and talents of students .From last two years “Open day Project exhibition ”, has been organized at the college level and is named as “Pradarshana” during the month of May. The project exhibition will provide a unique opportunity for students to promote the conceptual ideas to leading decision makers in the industry. This high level technical event displays hardware, software and fabricated projects from various disciplines under one roof. Recently, “Pradarshana” was organized on 8th and 9th May 2015.
Activities conducted through IEEE MSRIT students’ chapter
- AAVISHKAAR is the annual technical symposium of IEEE MSRIT student branch , which was started in the year 2004 and has seen 11 Golden editions. It is a National Level technical platform for developing Technical competence, promoting engineering technology, scientific thinking and innovation. It includes Hackatronics, Project Presentation, Quiz, Robotic Competition, Design and debugging etc. Aavishkaar ’15 was conducted from 26th -28th April 2015
- Technical fest “Eccentric” for the E&C students will be conducted every year. Students from 1st year to final year will take part in exciting events like Circuit Debugging, Technical Treasure Hunt, Technical Treasure Hunt, Verilog/VHDL/MATLAB Coding etc.
- Eccentric ’15 was conducted from 28th_ 29th April 2015
- 5thsem E & C students visited Tessolve, Electronics City, Bangalore on 5th Dec 2014.
- 6thsem E & C students visited Doddaballapur Integrated Textile Park Ltd and Small Scale silk Industries, Bangalore on 16th and 18th Feb, 2015.
M.Tech (DEC)students visited LRDE on 24th February 2015.The department has well planned curriculum dynamically adopting with the need of industries. As a part of this process students are continuously exposed to the industries by way of arranging industrial visit to premier industries and R&D laboratories under ministry of defense to learn and understand the state of art research and development being carried out there. Three Day Workshop on “Statistical Signal Processing”, was organized from 2nd to 4thMarch,2015.
Guest Lectures (Invited):
- Darshan Kumar S Y, Corporate Application Engg, Synopsys, Bangalore-‘EDA VLSI Flow and Technology Trends’ 10-10- 2014.
- RoopaRamaswamy, Mentor, Pragathi, Centre for Enhanced Training- ‘ Introduction to Verilog HDL’ 22 Sessions (17.10.2014, 18.10.2014, 31.10.2014, 28.10.2014 29.10.2014).
- Prof. DR ING ULF Schlichtmann, Technische University, Munchen, Germany–‘Challenges in Integrated circuit and Embedded System Design- special focus on Reliability, Robustness and Power’,09-02- 2015 .
- Sri. Shivananda (Shivoo) R Koteshwar, Director, Mediatek, Taiwan-‘Rise of Entrepreneurs in India’,13-02- 2015.
- Sri. Binu Alias, Entuple Technologies Pvt Ltd, Bangalore-‘Frontend and backend Cadence Tools’training for faculty and students, 18-02-2015 and 19-02-2015.
- Mr. S. A. Rahim, MathemajikSosity., Bangalore-‘ Fun with Maths’, 25-02- 2015.
8th Sem EC students Project Exhibition 7th and 8th May 2013
Project Exhibition was held on May 7th and 8th, for final year students. About 200 students exhibited both hardware and software projects. The projects were based on Microcontroller and Embeded systems, Signal Processing, Image Processing, VLSI, Wireless Communication, etc. Sri. Arvind Shrivastava, IAS, Secretary to Govt. (Expenditure), Finance Department, Government of Karnataka, inaugurated the exhibition and Dr. Srish Kumar, Ph.D World Bank Economist, USA was the chief guest.
Advances in Signal Processing and Pattern Recognition held from 29th July to 3rd August 2013
The primary objective of the workshop is to introduce the audience to various areas of signal processing and pattern recognition. The purpose of this course is to provide in-depth treatment on methods and techniques in discrete-time signal transforms, digital filter design, adaptive filtering, power spectrum estimation, multi-rate digital signal processing and pattern classification using MATLAB, which are of importance in the areas of signal processing, control, communications and biometrics. Applications of these methods and techniques are also considered. The intend audience are research students, industry professionals and faculty working in the above mentioned areas and related technical fields.
Faculty Training Program, “NuvoTon NuMicro ARM Cortex- M0 and its Applications” under TEQIP-II, organized by Dept. of Electronics & communication Telecommunication, and Instrumentation Technology on 10th – 11th Sept, 2013 at MSRIT, Bangalore-54
With the growing importance of the embedded systems, the need to design embedded applications with micro controllers having advanced features is gaining prominence. ARM, an Advanced RISC Machine is emerging as one of the prominent standard for embedded RISC processing across communication, networking, consumer, portable, automotive and multimedia application markets. ARM offers an array of cores, architectural extensions, microprocessors and system-on-chip (SoC) solutions, all using common software architecture. There is a growing need for embedded engineers to understand and work with the ARM Processor Family Architecture and software development tools. This 2-day workshop will enable participants to understand ARM Cortex-M0 architectures, its programming and its various peripherals.
Internship Program in Technology Supported Education (IPTSE), Winter School-2013 in association with Carnegie Mellon University on 9th to 23rd December 2013 at LHC Seminar Hall-I, MSRIT, Bangalore-54.
TI Design Contest 2013-14 in Dept. of ECE CONDUCTED DURING Oct 1 to Nov 1 2013
With a view to encourage analog system design at undergraduate level, Texas Instruments announces the Analog Design Contest for Indian Universities every year. Up to 50 universities will be selected from India for participation in the contest, which will take place in two phases. This is an opportunity for students to work on a design project using TI’s broad range of high-performance analog Integrated Circuits (IC’s)
to win a cash prize. Benefits of Entering:
- Hands-on experience with TI technology
- Industry recognition of your analog design skills
- Enhanced career prospects
- Real cash prizes
Moksha is an interdepartmental team whose goal is to build an Unmanned Ground Vehicle. Since 2010 team Moksha has been representing the college to present its innovation at the international platform of Robotics. The competition will be held annually at Oakland University, Michigan in the month of June. Moksha is the one of few teams from India to participate in the event and were placed at 19th and 10th positions in 2009 and 2010, respectively, in the design challenge of IGVC.
Moksha is the one of few teams from India to participate in the event and were placed at 19th and 10th positions in 2009 and 2010, respectively, in the design challenge of IGVC.
In the Year 2012 they were placed 6th internationally in design category. For the 2014 competition the design is in progress.
“Food grain characterization using RF technique, security Technology” sanctioned for an amount of Rs. 60 lakhs by Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST), Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of Karnataka, for duration of 3 years (2011-2014) Sanctioned on 9th Feb 2012. VGST is an apex advisory body to recommend Science and Technology Programs relevant to mandate of DST. This funded R&D projects involves R&D activities to come out with comprehensive state-of-the-art solution to reduce the damage of food grains stored in the storage facilities by providing centralized information as to which stock is getting damaged, thereby effectively increasing the availability. This project involves research in various advances in the field of electronics and intensive innovative system design to come out with comprehensive intelligent sensor which can monitor the quality of the food grain and the data analysis using various state of the art techniques.
Final Year M.Tech students Farewell organized by the Department on 29th June 2013
Final Year B.E students Farewell organized by the Department on 25th April 2013.
- Prof. M. A. Laxmi Tatachar – Sanskrit Scholar, Melukote, “Speech Recognition and Analysis using Pannian Parameters”, 26th April 2013.
- Dr. R Kumaraswamy, SIT, Tumkur, “Basics of Signal Processing”, 29th July 2013.Prof. Srinivasa Halavi, DSCE, Bangalore, on “Random Signals”, 29th July 2013.
- Dr. C R Pradeep, CIT, Tumkur, “Principal Component Analysis”, 29th July 2013.
- Dr. Ashok Rao, “Introduction to Linear Algebra”, 30th July 2013.
- Dr. K Koshy George, PESIT, Bangalore, “Least Mean Squares Estimation”, 30th July 2013.
- Dr. J. R. Raol, NAL, “Data Fusion”, 30th July 2013
- Dr. VPS Naidu, NAL, Bangalore, “Image Fusion”, 31st July 2013.
- Dr. S V Gangashetty, IIITH, Hyderabad, “Speech Processing”, 31st July 2013.
- Dr. A G Ananth, RVCE, Bangalore, “Image Processing of Remote Sensing Images”,31st July 2013.
- Dr. P. S. Shastry, IISc, Bangalore, “Introduction to Pattern Recognition”, 1st August 2013.
- Dr. H S Jayanna, SIT, Tumkur, “Multi Linguistic speaker identification”, 1st August 2013.
- Dr. R N V Sitaram, HP Labs, India, “Hidden Markov Models”, 2nd August 2013.
- Dr. Ravindra Dhuli, VIT, Vellore, “Multirate signal processing and filter banks”, 3rd August 2013.
- “Semiconductor Domain Overview” by Skanda Prasad P, Sunil Putti and Shravan K, Alumni of Dept. of ECE on 26th October 2013 at LHC Seminar Hall-I, MSRIT, Bangalore-54.
- “Introduction to Verilog HDL” by Roopa Ramaswamy, Mentor, Pragathi Centre for Enhance Learning, Bangalore on 9th October 2013 at Seminar Hall-2, LHC Block, MSRIT, Bangalore-54.
- “Latest VLSI trends and VLSI projects” by Dr. Cyril Prasanna Raj, Dean, research, M.S. Engg. College, Bangalore on 23rd November 2013 at Seminar Hall-2, LHC Block, MSRIT, Bangalore-54.
- “Predictive Analysis & X-event Marketing” by Dr. P.G. Madhavan, Cao, Syzen on 4th February 2014 at ESB seminar Hall-II, MSRIT, Bangalore-54.
- “Digital design using Verilog” by Roopa Ramaswamy, Mentor, Pragathi Centre for Enhance Learning, Bangalore on 5th, 6th & 7th February 2014 at PG-510, LHC Block, MSRIT, Bangalore-54
- “Digital Down Conversion (DDC) & its Implementation on Xilinx FPGA” by MSRITAA Sangamesh N R, senior Design Engineer FPGA Application Development, Mistral Solutions Pvt. Ltd. & Srujan S J, Design Engineering, GE Healthcare on 15 Feb 2013 at LHC Seminar Hall-I, MSRIT, Bangalore-54.